Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:45:00 GMT | By MSN Malaysia

MCA drops Ng Yen Yen from Raub seat

It's been confirmed that Tourism Minister Ng Yen Yen will not be defending her Raub seat.

Lai Seng Sin, AP

Ng Yen Yen (right) pictured next to Martha Stewart

MCA chief Datuk Seri Lam Kang Sang today confirmed that Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Ng Yen Yen has been dropped out of the candidate list for Raub. She has served three terms so far. The MCA Chief also further added that he had met with Prime Minister Najib on this matter and the former would be filling the seat with a "winnable candidate."

The other option is Bilut state assemblyman Datuk Ho Chai Mun, who is a senior Pahang state exco. He will be meeting DAP's Datuk Mohd Ariff Sabri Abdul Aziz.

Ng Yen Yen made headlines not too long ago when she was booed by the crowd in Melaka. Read FULL STORY here.

In 2011, she used the tourism ministry's RM1.8 million expenditure to develop six Facebook pages to promote Malaysian tourism.

RELATED LINKS:

PM Najib vows more cash in Malaysians' pockets

29Comments
Apr 8, 2013 8:28PM
My 9 year old cousin tell me, she want to create a FB account for me and charge me RM1 Million, she siad people pay, for more than double, I ask her who told you, she said its in the news, i asked her whatkinda news u getting, she said a lady paid Millions and shown me the news.

please tech me how to explain to her that FB is free?

please teach me how to explain to her, no one in this world paid millions to create an FB account ?

Apr 8, 2013 9:47PM

The smartest move that BN have made so far…

But that does not mean that they are going to win Raub, just means that someone else is going to contest and lose that seat.

Funny but true…

Apr 8, 2013 9:24PM
Good news ! Last year I heard she wanted to contest in Penang BAYAN BARU seat, but where is she now? hahahaha......
Apr 9, 2013 2:55AM

stand up malaysian, It's time to change!!

Apr 9, 2013 2:26AM

A Minister has now become A NON WINNABLE CANDIDATE.  OR SHE HAS BEEN NON WINNABLE FROM THE START .

Look at Raub there have not been much progress the past 20 years.  This type of people should have been droped  looooong time ago.

Apr 9, 2013 5:59AM
wayne8888 i don't agree with you that she is a disgrace to the Chinese, SHE IS A BLOODY DISGRACE TO ALL MALAYSIAN!
Apr 8, 2013 7:46PM
It's the president's prerogative. Three terms should make way for another 'win-a-be' with a clean slate.
Apr 9, 2013 5:48AM
she's a disgrace to the Chinese community. She should have step down long time ago...
Apr 9, 2013 8:32AM
This is the sign that showed MCA will be totally wiped out for this coming election!
Apr 9, 2013 10:09AM
That proved she was indeed corrupted! Give her the filthy toilet seat instead!!!
Apr 9, 2013 10:05AM

Thank God it has come to pass !

Anything goes up must come down someday but her time has come and hope she is grateful to God to last 3 terms already till todate.

Apr 9, 2013 7:56PM
Who is the "MCA chief" Lam Kang Sang? Google did not return any result on the name except this article
Apr 11, 2013 6:41AM

wow ! FULL  DONE ! Congratulation ,Bravo ! This old "Lady " suppose to be " pencen " long time ago .

Some more want  US ,smart Malaysian Say " YES or NO " . Suggest she go back to Mertakab ,Pahang and do something more important as a wife .

Apr 9, 2013 9:13PM
hahah...dropping a joker and puttin another. MCA shud just disappear all together. who needs them? corrupted and greedy. Minister of Tourism? What tourism? Look up and down and see how well tourism is doing. Look at Malaysia, overpriced hotels, lousy facilities, lousy service, what a sad state.
When ppl ask if they shud visit Malaysia, I tell them to go to Thailand or Singapore. They are way ahead n better value.

Apr 18, 2013 8:49AM
 Well done MCA and BN for admitting that these people could be corrupted and safer for them not to stand. Walk around thinking and pretending to be winners but in actual fact non -winnable or corrupted in other words. Now time to sit at home and be a house wife. malaysians are better educated thanks to the internet. Next should be the people rejecting Mahathir's son a no brainer without much thought. stop the Dynasties once and for all.
Apr 21, 2013 8:50AM

OH ! Great Sound ! I  support your statement .......................... but we have a corruption department to check and balance . I didn't hear  any dogs to embark  during Parliamentary time under five years time ,what are the dogs doing ?.My opinion...... Any party in Malaysian need money to develop their parties . Actually they were establish the fund so many years ago before election .Believe me ,I submit that all parties are same  , they use people money .Who paid the  salaried for Yang Berhormat  five years ago . Thanks .

Apr 14, 2013 8:59AM

Hi , I received a mail regarding growing deficit of the country .My view is , developing country like Malaysia no worry be happy .Example , AMERICAN , europe , see on your eyes .During Bapa Merdeka , We use bicycle ,now , we buy luxy. Car.15 years ago , you woke up at 5:30 a.m , Now , you wake up at 10:00 a.m , See Afrika ,  Child hungry , Malaysia , all fat fat one . WHY STILL SHOUTING ?OH ! I am not interested in politican .Ng Yen Yen case , the leader of MCA will decided the decision.Time , is proving the success of the transformasi .(My opinion ), I strongly support the transformasi .( The good system and new image of 21 century ).  Of course , the country also need the dog to bark at the moment . At  the Citizen , you totally have a right and think careful before drop out the vote .Lastly ,the success of the Malaysia , you decide yourself .Thanks .

Apr 13, 2013 9:42AM
And WHY she supposed  been dropped, Her names to me just sound like a Chocolates. She really care enough on the tourism, and has done it so well'

Congratulations..