Additional public holiday due to overlap of Aidilfitri, National Day holidays
AP File Photo
Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan said today the date of the additional public holiday would be subject to the setting of the Aidilfitri dates by the Conference of Rulers.
If the first day of Aidilfitri fell on Tuesday Aug 30 and the second day coincided with National Day on Wednesday Aug 31, then Thursday Sept 1 would be declared as the additional public holiday, he said in a statement.
If the first day of Aidilfitri fell on Wednesday Aug 31 and coincided with National Day and the second day fell on Thursday Sept 1, then Friday Sept 2 would be declared as the additional public holiday, he added.
Mohd Sidek said the additional public holiday for peninsular Malaysia and the Federal Territory of Labuan was gazetted under section 8 of the Holidays Act 1951.
"The state governments of Sabah and Sarawak are in the process of gazetting the additional public holiday under section 9 of the Holidays Ordinance of Sabah and section 5 of the Public Holidays Ordinance of Sarawak, respectively," he said.
Mohd Sidek said it was hoped that the announcement would avoid confusion among the people over those public holidays and facilitate early preparations to celebrate Aidilfitri and National Day.
KHY KHY MGN
Follow MSN Malaysia News on Twitter (twitter.com/mymsnnews) for breaking news in Malaysia and the world.
- Jack Ma of Alibaba becomes China's richest person
- Singapore deposits accession papers to atomic agency at convention
- China jails Uighur scholar for life for 'separatism': lawyer
- Paris fashion takes to catwalks
- Ebola cases to triple to 20,000 by November unless efforts raised: WHO
- US, Arab allies bomb jihadists in Syria
- World leaders urged to change course at UN climate summit
- Miner BHP Billiton to cut 700 jobs in Australia
- China manufacturing gauge picks up in September: HSBC
- Thumbs-up for China as Sun eyes swim revenge at Asian Games
- Malaysia’;s school cooperatives a reference for other countries, says Muhyiddin
- Najib wants youth to take up STEM education – Bernama
- Pakatan’s strength does not rely on Azmin, says Husam
- Cargo worker who warned of bombing ‘places that angered Allah’; charged
- It’;s okay to call politicians who jump parties ‘political frogs’;, rules court
- PAS assures Azmin of its support in Selangor
- Azmin sworn in as Selangor MB
- DAP withdraws suit against Registrar of Societies
- PKR, DAP top guns still missing in PAS’;s Pengkalan Kubor campaign
- Azmin, from ‘political enemy’; to Khalid’;s successor – Bernama
- Selangor Sultan chose Azmin due to Pakatan internal turmoil
- Will education ministers be ‘re-assigned’ following latest UPSR leaks, asks DAP lawmaker
- Azmin a good father and passionate party man, says wife
- Charge with treason those who changed Sabah’;s oath stone, says Bumburing
- Developers see ‘minimal impact’ in Selangor’s foreign ownership cap