Bersih legal, says High Court
KUALA LUMPUR - Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein's order declaring election activists Bersih 2.0 an illegal organisation was overturned by the High Court today.
At the courtroom, High Court (Apellate and Special Powers Division) judge Rohana Yusof said, "The declaration to declare Bersih unlawful was made without taking into account some relevant facts."
The courtroom was crowded with interested parties hoping to see the decision overturned.
Justice Rohana declared Hishamuddin's decision a "tainted" order, saying that Bersih 2.0 was under the remit of the Societies Act even though it was not officially registered. Last year, the Home Minister used section 5 of the Societies Act (1966) to declare Bersih 2.0 unlawful, stating that the unregistered organisation was illegal and caused unease among the people.
The judge also added that since the order had been made one week after the Bersih 2.0 rally, such an order would not be valid or applicable.
In April this year Bersih, the coalition for free and fair elections, held a third rally with the intention of marching on Dataran Merdeka in support of electoral reform. The rally was quashed by police action including the firing of tear gas and water cannons on Bersih supporters.
Look at how BN tried to sandiwara the Selangor water issue!! It is like whatever declared from them is law? What a put on show and Syabas is just another willing puppet. BN will just not care that it is the rakyat whi**** suffering as long as it is in the opposition hand just to "teach" it's voters a lesson! And BN will try all means and pass all laws just to get it's own cronies even more richer.....But the irony of it all is that we are the ones still paying all the taxes even though we are under the opposition's rule!!!
Hence you see why we need "bersih"...................
To satisfy the international audience , the High Court has been instructed to play it safe. The next time Bersih organizes a demonstration, the police will infiltrate to create more violence at the behest of Hishamuddin Husin the Home Minister. What Bersih needs is a united international action against the authocratic rule in Malaysia and that will be effective. Those in power in third countries will not step down.
Shut the F. . K up you little piece of TRASH . You go around calling people by names like ASSES , FOOLS AND NUTS. You said I'm ungrateful cause BN sponsored my studies. Hey you DUMB F . . K , My father worked and slogged so that I could study , not BN . If BN helped you with your studies well fine and good. You're lucky or maybe your father was sucking somebody's D.I.C.K up there so Stop calling people with names. You called Sultan NUTS , you called everybody else ASSES ..And guess what you only comment on replies. Grow some BALLS and come out in the open. Here people just voice out their opinions. We are not war with each other. We are all brothers and sisters here ..so don't you dare call them by names and if you ever contract brain tumor ( which I hope you don't ) they will have to cut open your A.S.S to take it out cause that's where your brain is. No hard feeling bro... like you have feelings..
Don't appeal lah ! Admits your misktake . Let our neutral judges made the decision !
Focus more on security of the country rather wasting your time on the history.
Our country is facing so much problem now ! Killing and robbing everywhere !
Wake up all the police for better service rather beating the rakyat and sending the tear gas !
If you cannot do it, let Pakatan does it.
Rakyats have more confidence on Pakatan. Anwar, Lim Kit Siang, Rafizi, Nurul, Guan Eng are more competent ! They can do it !
The BeNd-UMNO got smacked & we the seekers for Fair & Clean election feel victorous at least for the time being. Whoever do not feel the same as us, the seekers of Fair & Clean election, ARE just one of the CyberNuts being paid by UMNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that the High Court ruled in favour of Bersih 2.0 activists , Datuk Ambiga and organisers should sue the Ministry of Home Afffairs and Royal Malaysian Police. Those arrested should sue for punitive damages.
Litigation may take time and that is ideal. With the 13 GE around the corner - corner them with litigation and see how Hishamuddin fare in the elections.
More photos from News
- BN mulls ideas to regain trust after popular vote loss
- Press statement: Say No to Racial Politics
- Dr. M: DAP swayed Malays to view BN as corrupt
- GE13 an urban, not Chinese swing, say analysts
- MCA President will not defend seat in party poll this year
- Anwar will continue as opposition leader in parliament - Kit Siang
- GE13: New Menteri Besar for Kelantan
- Malaysia PM faces limited future after worst electoral showing
- GE13: Continued voter support for women candidates
- GE13: Triumphant BN seen losing popular vote
- Storm brews over control of US newspaper group
- Federer faces Spanish winning machine at French Open
- Sweet revenge as Froch defeats Kessler
- Security high for Paris protest against gay marriage
- Fifty arrested ahead of Paris anti-gay marriage rally
- 'Hardcore' film wins gay cinema award at Cannes
- Visa, Mastercard ask court to rule 'swipe' fees legal
- Match-winner Robben breaks finals hoodoo
- Trio in custody over London soldier murder
- Trio arrested over London soldier murder
- Three fresh arrests over London soldier murder
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon as memorial
- Last-gasp Robben gives Bayern fifth Euro crown
- Last-gasp Robben gives Bayern fifth Euro crown
- 0-0 at half-time in Champions League final