Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Liverpool look for European lift against Basel
- Alibaba and Wanda face off: online and offline
- Egypt offers military training to Libya, cites Islamic State threat
- Ai Weiwei meditates on freedom in Alcatraz show
- 7 dead after twin suicide attacks on army buses in Kabul
- Hong Kong democracy protesters, officials mark uneasy National Day
- Samsung rejects claims of Galaxy Note defect
- Once ignored, violinist Bell plays Washington public encore
- Ailing North Korean leader sends national day message to China
- 12 dead as trains collide in northern India
- Tweeting carefully, Malaysians lament latest fuel hike with light-hearted digs
- Woodlands checkpoint calm on first day of Singapore toll hikes
- ‘Insiders’; may be involved in ATM hacking, says deputy minister – Bernama
- Azmin accused of freezing aid for senior citizens in Khalid’;s constituencies
- Mother freed from Swedish prison arrives home – Bernama
- Petrol, diesel prices up by 20 sen from midnight
- PAS to meet Penang CM tomorrow over councillor’;s sacking, worsening ties
- Khalid set PKR rules used in his termination, says Saifuddin
- No reason to bar SPM forecast results except to cause difficulty, says Guan Eg
- Azmin assigns Selangor exco portfolios
- I’m not Alvin Tan, I will not flee, says law grad on sedition probe
- With Azmin as MB, Anwar to keep economic adviser job
- Pay review on the cards for Selangor MB, excos, speaker and deputy
- New judge to decide if Surendran can represent Anwar in defamation suit
- Malaysian court to scrutinise Sedition Act