Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Valverde wins second Fleche Wallonne Classic
- Palestinians pledge unity as Israel talks teeter
- Palestinians to 'form unity govt in weeks'
- Boeing lifts profit outlook as jetliner demand booms
- Sacked Moyes 'proud' of Man Utd tenure
- Turkish PM offers first condolences for Armenian massacre
- Turkish PM Erdogan says WWI massacre of Armenians 'shared pain'
- Turkish PM offers condolences over mass WWI killings of Armenians
- UN aid chiefs appeal for Syria access
- Mourners flock to funeral of Myanmar pro-democracy hero
- Bible banned from Pahang hotel rooms – Bernama
- Take second job to tackle household debt, urges AKPK – Bernama
- Philippines arrests extremist in Malaysia resort kidnapping
- Australia says cost not a concern in MH370 search
- Absolute power corrupts absolutely, Dr Mahathir reminds current leaders
- Cabinet approves international probe team for MH370
- MH370 search team analysing unidentified material washed ashore in Western Australia
- Karpal memorial service non-political event, says DAP inviting Najib, Muhyiddin
- 'Unidentified material' under investigation for MH370 link
- We have no jurisdiction over private hospital charges, says health minister – Bernama
- Kelantan yet to decide on special sitting to discuss Hudud law – Bernama
- Material washed ashore near Western Australia town possible MH370 debris, says paper
- Pirates kidnap three on Singapore tanker off Malaysia
- What do I tell my sons?
- Extremists have no place in Malaysian society, says Khairy – Bernama