Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Barclays says first-half net profit soars to £1.13bn
- Venus advances, Serena set for WTA return at Stanford
- Europe launches last resupply ship to space station
- Australia focused on MH17 crash site, not Russia sanctions
- Deadly shelling hits UN school as Hamas mulls truce
- Deadly Israeli shelling hits UN school as Hamas mulls truce
- 24 dead in Guinea rap concert stampede
- Spanish PM, Catalan leader to discuss independence vote
- Islamists seize key Benghazi army base as Tripoli fire rages
- Zaha, Kagawa make case to United in PKs win
- No need to register Negara-ku, it’;s not a threat to national security, say lawyers
- PAS leaders must meet now, not August 10, says Youth chief
- Unlike Penang, KL is okay with foreigners cooking street food
- Pakatan won’t break up over Selangor crisis, says ‘optimistic’ Anwar
- Selangor crisis and its implication for PAS
- Voters will abandon Pakatan over MB crisis, PAS stand, say analysts
- Aussies place gag order on bank-note graft case involving Malaysia, says WikiLeaks
- Air quality improves in peninsula
- We don’;t want a racist like Zuhdi in Pakatan, says DAP
- British MH17 victim’;s father pleads for ceasefire in Ukraine
- PKR leaders seek Nik Aziz help in Selangor crisis
- Dutch police receive 150 MH17 crash images, videos
- Malaysia can use security act to try MH17 culprit, says Wan Junaidi – Bernama
- MAS flight MH136 stops takeoff to avoid crashing into jet
- WhatsApp texts show PAS can’t be trusted, say social media users