Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Ryder Cup wildcard challenge for McGinley and Watson
- Ukraine says fighting Russian tank battalion for control of Luhansk airport
- Man United agree Falcao loan deal - reports
- Australia leans toward buying Japan subs to upgrade fleet
- Head of Taiwan’;s TransAsia Airways quits after plane crash
- Novartis Japan admits concealing drug side effects
- Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy
- Knifeman kills 3 in rampage at China school
- Mass demo cancelled as Lesotho faces power vacuum
- North Korea test-fires suspected missile into sea
- Sarawak minister blames police for events leading to riot in stadium
- Penang exco Phee Boon Poh released, PPS members may be out tonight
- State government calls on Penangites to take over community policing from patrol unit
- Hands off Unit Amal, PAS Youth chief tells minister
- Putrajaya’;s sledgehammer strategy might blow up in its face
- PPS not an outlaw, dangerous group, says DAP
- Malaysia refuses New Zealand activist entry
- UM law lecturer Azmi Sharom faces sedition charge tomorrow
- Pointless for Selangor Sultan to ask for more names, says legal expert
- ‘Sincere’ Rosmah defends her work for gifted children
- Reports of PPS members testing positive for drugs are lies, says Guan Eng
- No need for fatwa on sexual jihad, says minister
- Cops won’;t spare PAS’;s Unit Amal either, says home minister
- Umno Youth wooing Pengkalan Kubor young voters – Bernama
- Guan Eng asking for it, Zahid says on PPS