Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Five things England must do in future
- Angry relatives clash with police as Korea recovers more dead from ferry
- Anglican leader praises persecuted Christians in Easter sermon
- UN peace envoy criticises Israeli Easter security in Jerusalem
- At Easter, Ukrainian Church condemns Russian ‘aggression’
- New militant group claims responsibility for Friday blast in Cairo
- Ten more bodies recovered from sunken Korean ferry bringing death toll to 46, says coastguard
- First bodies pulled from submerged Korean ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Utusan says MB heads to roll in two states
- Robot submarine completes 50% of MH370 underwater search area
- Karpal inspired us, say mourners from near and far bidding farewell to their hero
- Karpal helped build ‘Kit Siang dynasty’; in DAP, says Utusan
- Thousands gather to pay last respects to Karpal
- Despite Karpal’;s death, Anwar has five days left for sodomy appeal in apex court
- We love you, Tiger of Jelutong, grandchildren bid Karpal farewell
- More seats will check gerrymandering, says opposition
- Learner drivers can take test in auto cars from June – Bernama
- Umno MP apologises for 'careless' remarks on Karpal
- Ex-prime minister Abdullah backs Kelantan’;s hudud bill
- MH370 search at 'critical juncture': Malaysia
- Poll on Putrajaya’s transparency on M370 purely speculative, says Hishammuddin
- Public can pay last respects to Karpal from 8.30am tomorrow – Bernama
- Church leaders pay tribute to Karpal