Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Arsenal's Wenger rings changes for Bayern clash
- Balotelli leads Milan rescue mission in Madrid
- Bachelet returns to power in Chile promising reform
- Spain train bombing stirs painful memories 10 years later
- Battle for French telecom supremacy heats up
- Bayern chief's tax dodge 'millions more' than admitted
- Pardew gets record seven-game ban for headbutt
- Pardew banned for seven games over headbutt
- Pardew gets seven-game ban for headbutt - FA
- Spat erupts over claim CIA spied on US Senate panel
- British bomber details failed plot against jet
- Anwar's sodomy appeal process, decision - another blight on judiciary
- CORRECTED: Malaysia Airlines mystery revives black-box debate
- Malaysian Airlines mystery revives black-box debate
- Anwar’s conviction boosts Malay support for Pakatan, says Dr Wan Azizah
- International jurists body slams High Court decision on Karpal, says his right to give legal opinion
- Malaysian military now reveals it tracked MH370 to the Malacca strait
- Iranian people-smuggling link as Malaysia jet search widens
- Terrorism cannot be ruled out in missing Malaysia jet: CIA
- Malaysia jet imposters 'more likely migrants than terrorists'
- Malaysia Airlines 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- CIA chief says cannot rule out terrorism in missing MAS plane
- Passengers can sustain up to 2 months if plane crashed at sea, says geostrategist
- Stolen passports used to board MH370 not on Interpol’;s suspect list – Bernama
- Kelantan police receive four reports related to missing MH370 – Bernama