Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Cameroon sends 14 Boko Haram members to prison
- Meares targets medal record on super Saturday
- Premier League youngsters face loan lottery
- Obama, Central American leaders pledge to curb child migrants influx
- Israel and Hamas declare 12-hour Gaza truce
- Israel confirms 12-hour Gaza ceasefire from 0500 GMT: army
- Poor weather cause of AH5017 crash, say French
- Hamas agrees 12-hour truce from Saturday morning: official
- Israel agrees 12-hour Gaza ceasefire Saturday morning: US official
- Japanese PM opens LatAm tour with Mexico energy deals
- PKR to stick to Pakatan approval of Wan Azizah as MB
- Unhappy as Perkasa orders Penang to reveal funds for Muslims
- Wife’;s friends did not know she was on board MH17, says doctor
- MH17 next-of-kin can file suits in US, says lawyer
- US names Putin as MH17 culprit
- A teary night in remembrance of MH17 victims
- Hadi’s open support for Khalid shocks PAS leaders, say insiders
- MH17 remains lie abandoned as Aussie, Dutch ready mission
- MH17 victims unrecovered as Australians, Dutch ready mission
- MH17 victims lie abandoned as Australia, Netherlands ready mission
- When fantasy runs wild, Russian media and bloggers’; MH17 conspiracy theories
- Malaysian cyclist given warning over ‘Save Gaza’; gloves
- Rafizi questions Selangor’;s hefty payout to bankrupt water concessionaires
- MH17 victims and their families will be remembered at annual St Anne’;s Feast
- Penang denies double standards in protecting heritage buildings