Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- Iran slams US as 'obsessed' with sanctions as talks resume
- Australia mounts largest ever counter-terrorism raids
- Terror raids disrupt 'violent acts in Australia'
- Woman dies in flood as storms lash southern France
- Nasa spacecraft to begin orbiting Mars within days
- US police arrest NFL player Jonathan Dwyer
- US ‘obsessed’; with sanctions against Tehran, says foreign minister
- US advisers may take forward positions in Iraq fighting
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom
- Obama and US lawmakers turn up heat on IS
- Repeal Sedition Act and drop all charges, Amnesty International tells Putrajaya
- Call to review political cooperation with Pakatan likely to heat up PAS muktamar
- Top DAP, PKR leaders fail to show up at PAS muktamar
- Bank Negara likely to up interest rate by 0.25%, say economists
- Malaysia welcomes Asean smog-fighting pact – Bernama
- US$30 million reward for info on who shot down MH17, say papers
- Fear and loathing rise over Putrajaya’;s sedition blitz
- MAS offers travel agents Rolex watches, free trips in bid to boost ticket sales
- PAS’s strength may turn into Pakatan’s weakness
- Two more teachers detained in UPSR exam leak probe – Bernama
- PAS at risk over Hadi’;s MB volte-face, warns Mujahid
- UN Security Council to discuss Dutch report on MH17 downing
- Symptoms of Ebola similar to dengue, says minister – Bernama
- PAS’;s women’;s wing urged to reject PasMa, support Hadi Awang – Bernama
- MMC-Gamuda deploys safety superintendents at KVMRT site