Malaysians furious over McDonald's 'Despicable Me' minion toys
Fast-food branch McDonald's recently launched their Happy Meal campaign in conjunction with the hit movie 'Despicable Me 2', where with every meal comes with a toy in the shape of the film's famous character.
According to Marketing Interactive website, as of 10 July 2013, a Facebook posting was shared to announce the availability of the Happy Meal toys. It reads as below:
"Happy Meal Despicable Me 2 toys Week 2 are available tomorrow!
STARTING FROM 12.01am 11th July (tonight, basically)!
We would like to thank you for your tremendous support towards the Happy Meal ‘Despicable Me 2’ promotion. However, due to overwhelming response, we have been receiving numerous feedback from our Happy Meal customers that they are unable to attain the toy for their children. As this promotion was designed to be part of the Happy Meal programme, please be info...rmed that each ‘Despicable Me 2’ toy will be available only with the purchase of a Happy Meal and while stocks last.
One toy per one Happy Meal. Should you wish to purchase more than 1 Happy Meal, you may request for different Week 2 designs in each of your meals, but ONLY while stocks last."
RELATED LINK: Mega queues: What would you queue up for?
Just after midnight, McDonald's Facebook timeline was flooded with complaints from customers in Penang, Ipoh and Tawau that the branches there were not selling after midnight, and only would be made available in the morning after 7am.
Angry customers continue to leave comments on the Timeline and was furious that the complaints and matter were handled the next day.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Who do you think is at fault here? Was McDonald's at wrong for announcing the wrong time? Or the customers? Sign in with your email address below and share with us your comments.
Adults who wanted to collect just because it is THE THING to have vs childrens who wanted to play with them
Something is wrong somewhere? Even it is limited edition, competing with a kid for a figurine/toy says much
There are alot of alternatives out there with more designs in the internet (online stores)
Anyway it is turning ugly day by day until the craze is over
More photos from News
- UN rights chief slams Syria 'paralysis', death toll tops 191,000
- UN rights chief slams 'paralysis' on Syria as deaths top 191,000
- Russia holds Japan whaling research vessel
- Magnussen tips hot final as Phelps hits form at Pan Pacific
- German cop in dock over cannibalism website killing
- Lucky koala Sir Chompsalot gets kiss of life
- Whipping boys Evian next up for injury-hit PSG in French Ligue 1
- US missionaries beat Ebola as crisis worsens in West Africa
- Robin Williams's ashes scattered in San Francisco Bay - reports
- Water crisis threatens thirsty Sao Paulo
- Despite MB impasse, poll shows Pakatan retains support in Selangor
- In somber homecoming, Malaysia lays MH17 dead to rest
- Alleged MAS sexual assault victim to tell all on TV show
- Traffic in Penang came to a halt in memory of MH17 victims – Bernama
- Pall-bearer sad that uncle’s remains have not arrived – Bernama
- Mosques throughout the nation hold funeral prayers for MH17 victims – Bernama
- Remains of four MH17 victims arrive at Nirvana Memorial Park – Bernama
- Chrysanthemums mark respect for MH17 victims at Wisma MCA – Bernama
- Where’;s the Malaysian spirit, asks Guan Eng as Perak tells Penang to buy water
- Trial on Lahad Datu intrusion observes minute of silence for MH17 – Bernama
- MB crisis due to lack of consultation, discipline, says outgoing PKR youth chief
- MAS cabin crew remember colleagues lost on MH17
- London panel to rule on US$1 billion Malaysia-Singapore dispute, says report
- Thousands gather at Dataran Merdeka to mourn MH17 tragedy – Bernama
- PAS distances from MP’;s statement on Sultan’;s absolute power