Mid Valley emphasizes security after attacks
Mid Valley Megamall, facing controversy over a spate of robberies in the shopping mall car park, announced that they had installed panic buttons on selected pillars to call for immediate assistance.
The panic buttons, labelled 'HELP', are also marked with a black and red chequered pattern for easy visual identification.
The heightened security measures come in the face of robberies in the Mid Valley City complex, including brutal parang assault on technical executive Noorhusna Aisyah, 24, just two weeks prior.
Security patrols in the car park have also been made more frequent, with additional guards on duty, said Mid Valley City.
Other measures available to customers include a security escort service for vehicle collection. The service is available at Zone A, P1 and Zone B, P2. Customers can request the service via the information counters or by calling the security hotlines.
A press statement by the management of Mid Valley City Sdn Bhd informed that the mall's security control room operates 24 hours with hotline numbers for Mid Valley Megamall (03-29383244) and The Gardens Mall (03-22898777).
paid polis to ronda, rather than carry nothing. ten of thousands people in complex, it is like a city. You should hire soilder to carry machine gun M16 in time to come.
parking incoming is by the ten of thousands every 2 hours, what is a small incentives for polis.
Foreign security guard , from Nepal, are they british army trained?
The security fee and charges is another ripped off the management, the middle man and the lessen holder. Let our polis man make some overtime job, so give them part time roda job inside the entire mid valley. Why not?
More photos from News
- BN mulls ideas to regain trust after popular vote loss
- Press statement: Say No to Racial Politics
- Dr. M: DAP swayed Malays to view BN as corrupt
- GE13 an urban, not Chinese swing, say analysts
- MCA President will not defend seat in party poll this year
- Anwar will continue as opposition leader in parliament - Kit Siang
- GE13: New Menteri Besar for Kelantan
- Malaysia PM faces limited future after worst electoral showing
- GE13: Continued voter support for women candidates
- GE13: Triumphant BN seen losing popular vote
- No US-Taliban talks scheduled: State Department
- No US-Taliban talks scheduled: State Dept
- Fed may begin cutting QE later this year: Bernanke
- Fed keeps stimulus program unchanged
- Dolce and Gabbana sentenced to jail for tax dodge
- Dolce and Gabbana sentenced to jail for tax evasion
- New clashes in Brazil as security forces deployed
- Two hurt in Brazil protest clashes near stadium
- Cyprus not seeking to renegotiate bailout: government
- Cyprus not seeking to renegotiate bailout: govt
- England thrash South Africa to reach final
- England beat South Africa to reach final
- Miller, Kleinveldt rescue S.Africa against England
- England bowl out S. Africa for 175 in Trophy semi
- New Airbus plane takes off at Paris Air Show