Najib has audience with Agong for consent on new Cabinet
KUALA LUMPUR, May 15 (Bernama) -- Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on Wednesday had an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah at Istana Negara, here, for consent on his new cabinet line-up.
The prime minister arrived at the palace in a black Proton Perdana at 11.55am and went straight to meet the King to present the list of cabinet members.
About 30 minutes later, the same car carrying Najib was seen leaving the palace grounds. About 20 media representatives had been waiting outside its main gate.
Najib is scheduled to announce the cabinet line-up at 5pm today in Putrajaya.
The swearing-in of the appointed ministers and deputy ministers will be held at Istana Negara tomorrow at 9.30am.
Before the dissolution of the Dewan Rakyat on April 3, the cabinet had 28 ministers handling 25 ministries.
More photos from News
- Apple splitting stock as iPhone sales soar
- Apple to boost share buyback and split stock
- Benzema strike gives Real advantage over Bayern
- Facebook profits triple as mobile soars
- Facebook profits nearly triple to $642 mn; mobile soars
- Strike halts work on Panama Canal expansion
- All the world's a stage for Shakespeare's 450th birthday
- Late Matuidi goal gives laboured PSG victory
- Flu keeps Bale on bench for Bayern clash
- France outlines 'optimistic' pledge to get economy back on track
- Debris washed up on Australian beach not from MH370
- Debris found on Australian beach not from MH370: official
- Australian transport bureau says beach debris not from MH370
- Anwar convinced he will go to jail for sodomy
- Material washed ashore near Western Australia town possible MH370 debris, says paper
- My last moments with Pa: Ramkarpal Singh
- MH192’;s number three main wheel burst during take off, says Hishammuddin – Bernama
- Bible banned from Pahang hotel rooms – Bernama
- Take second job to tackle household debt, urges AKPK – Bernama
- Philippines arrests extremist in Malaysia resort kidnapping
- Australia says cost not a concern in MH370 search
- Absolute power corrupts absolutely, Dr Mahathir reminds current leaders
- Cabinet approves international probe team for MH370
- MH370 search team analysing unidentified material washed ashore in Western Australia
- Karpal memorial service non-political event, says DAP inviting Najib, Muhyiddin