Najib has audience with Agong for consent on new Cabinet
KUALA LUMPUR, May 15 (Bernama) -- Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on Wednesday had an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah at Istana Negara, here, for consent on his new cabinet line-up.
The prime minister arrived at the palace in a black Proton Perdana at 11.55am and went straight to meet the King to present the list of cabinet members.
About 30 minutes later, the same car carrying Najib was seen leaving the palace grounds. About 20 media representatives had been waiting outside its main gate.
Najib is scheduled to announce the cabinet line-up at 5pm today in Putrajaya.
The swearing-in of the appointed ministers and deputy ministers will be held at Istana Negara tomorrow at 9.30am.
Before the dissolution of the Dewan Rakyat on April 3, the cabinet had 28 ministers handling 25 ministries.
More photos from News
- Ukraine munitions factory hit after new peace plan adopted
- Afghan presidential rivals set to ink 'unity government' deal
- Afghan 'unity government' deal to be signed Sunday
- Albania tightens security ahead of pope visit
- Liverpool dealt shock Hammer blow
- Arsenal's quickfire treble stuns Villa
- NATO says Russian forces 'still inside Ukraine'
- Scots voted 'No' over economic worries
- Sierra Leone faces criticism over Ebola shutdown
- Munitions factory hit in Ukraine’;s Donetsk, buffer zone to be set up
- Exams Syndicate officials reassigned, not suspended, says ministry sec-gen
- Penang’s surplus budget not from sale of state land, says Guan Eng
- Amend Sedition Act first if repeal is delayed, says law expert
- Sedition Act enacted to protect non-Malays, claims Ibrahim Ali
- I could not follow PKR, DAP in Selangor MB issue, says Hadi
- The two sides of PAS
- Sarawak BN leader wants those who distort history charged with sedition
- Wan Azizah still PKR’s only choice for Selangor menteri besar
- Police interview lawyer Edmund Bon in sedition probe
- I’m not against Hadi, I helped him in GE13, says Mat Sabu
- Malaysian women making gains at workplace – Bernama
- 1MDB’;s RM1.38 billion Penang land quandary
- Najib to address UN assembly on Friday – Bernama
- PAS ulama wing wants party to accept Selangor MB post
- Anwar nod for Azmin to be Selangor MB