New business weekly paper hits town
Focus Malaysia, a weekly English language business newspaper, which launches today, aims to fill the gap in providing analytical, indepth, holistic and credible local business news.
The newspaper, which comes out every Friday and the first in 18 years, joins a crowded marketplace for business news – but with a distinctive difference.
“We fully believe, and are committed to upgrading business reporting in paralleling the growth potential of our country,” says K.K. Chong, Senior Vice President, Media and Technology of HCK Capital Group, whose member, HCK Media Sdn. Bhd. is the publisher of FOCUS MALAYSIA. “Our holistic approach aspires to provide an alternative perspective to business news with an emphasis on local relevance to global events.”
Chong Cheng Hai, Editor-in-Chief, helms FOCUS MALAYSIA assisted by two deputies, veterans Toh Lye Huat and Charles Raj. Between the three-man editorial management team, they have a cumulative 93 years experience, each with strengths in business and financial reporting, production and analysis.
“The focus is on providing vital and essential information to everyone in the business community,” Chong says. “We want business readers to understand the challenges and opportunities and use and learn from information we provide.”
In the initial phase, FOCUS MALAYSIA is committed to a circulation of 20,000 nationwide targeting 75% of its circulation to business owners, entrepreneurs, company directors, financial institutions, SMEs, and the management of public-listed companies. The remaining 25% will be through retail sales.
- BN mulls ideas to regain trust after popular vote loss
- Press statement: Say No to Racial Politics
- Dr. M: DAP swayed Malays to view BN as corrupt
- GE13 an urban, not Chinese swing, say analysts
- MCA President will not defend seat in party poll this year
- Anwar will continue as opposition leader in parliament - Kit Siang
- GE13: New Menteri Besar for Kelantan
- Malaysia PM faces limited future after worst electoral showing
- GE13: Continued voter support for women candidates
- GE13: Triumphant BN seen losing popular vote
- French firemen test hypnosis to help victims
- EU faces tough talks on bank sector reform, bailouts
- Gamer outrage prompts Xbox One policy changes
- 'Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dead at 51
- 'Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dead at 51: reports
- Italy eliminate Japan in thriller, Brazil advance
- Italy down Japan to advance with Brazil
- Spurs upbeat despite game-six meltdown
- EU closes in on deal on contested budget but MEPs wary
- Brazil fare hikes rolled back in victory for protests
- Sao Paulo, Rio roll back transport fare hikes
- Neymar brilliance all but puts Brazil into semis
- Kabul lashes out over prospective Taliban-US talks
- Neymar backs Brazil protests, chides government
- No US-Taliban talks scheduled: State Department