New Zealand all-rounder McCullum joins Glamorgan
New Zealand's Nathan McCullum bowls against South Africa in Auckland on March 3, 2012. The all-rounder is to play for Glamorgan in this year's English domestic Twenty20 competition.
The 32-year-old off-spinner is currently playing for New Zealand in the Champions Trophy -- and was included in the Black Caps side due to play England in a Group A match at Welsh county Glamorgan's Cardiff headquarters on Sunday.
"I'm looking forward to joining up with the Glamorgan squad at the end of this month," McCullum, man-of-the-match in New Zealand's win over Sri Lanka in Cardiff last weekend, said in a statement issued by the county.
"I've spent a bit of time in Cardiff over the past few weeks and have enjoyed playing at the SWALEC Stadium.
"Spin bowling plays an important role in T20 cricket."
McCullum is the older brother of New Zealand captain Brendon, who himself had a spell with Glamorgan in 2006 and scored the county's fastest fifty in T20 cricket, from just 18 balls, against Worcestershire.
- Ukraine police move against Kiev protesters
- Mandela funeral brings foreign rivals together
- Mandela funeral: The 'world is coming'
- Obama, Raul Castro, Ban to address Mandela memorial
- EADS to cut 5,800 jobs in Europe in restructuring
- Aerospace giant EADS to cut 5,800 jobs in Europe
- Ukraine opposition party says HQ stormed, police deny
- Aerospace giant EADS plan 5,800 job cuts in defence, space sectors
- Putin stokes controversy with news agency shake-up
- Egypt police clash with pro-Morsi students
- I will think about it, says Dr Mahathir on PM’;s call for him to remain as Petronas adviser
- Dialogue with PAS the start of unity talks, says Zahid Hamidi
- Open membership to all or be doomed, PKR’;s Surendran tells Umno
- After six months, Umno decides it won popular vote in GE13
- Sabah and Sarawak brace for floods as heavy rain warning lifted in five other states
- For MCA, Penang made surplus through state land sale
- Malaysia lost RM40 billion investments because of Pakatan’;s “tactics”
- Japan, SE Asia in talks to expand currency swap
- Tweaks to taxation law to hit savers, small traders hardest
- Sex blogger couple seeks stay on trial for sedition and pornography charges
- Najib airs video on Anwar’;s “;lies”; about Bangladeshi voters
- Smarter uniforms for security guards, less dependecy on foreigners, says BN MP
- Pakatan got it wrong, BN won more popular votes, says Najib
- Former envoy says Mat Zain’s claims on Batu Puteh “;a load of rubbish”;
- PAS lawmaker meets Catholic church leaders from peninsula