New Zealand all-rounder McCullum joins Glamorgan
New Zealand's Nathan McCullum bowls against South Africa in Auckland on March 3, 2012. The all-rounder is to play for Glamorgan in this year's English domestic Twenty20 competition.
The 32-year-old off-spinner is currently playing for New Zealand in the Champions Trophy -- and was included in the Black Caps side due to play England in a Group A match at Welsh county Glamorgan's Cardiff headquarters on Sunday.
"I'm looking forward to joining up with the Glamorgan squad at the end of this month," McCullum, man-of-the-match in New Zealand's win over Sri Lanka in Cardiff last weekend, said in a statement issued by the county.
"I've spent a bit of time in Cardiff over the past few weeks and have enjoyed playing at the SWALEC Stadium.
"Spin bowling plays an important role in T20 cricket."
McCullum is the older brother of New Zealand captain Brendon, who himself had a spell with Glamorgan in 2006 and scored the county's fastest fifty in T20 cricket, from just 18 balls, against Worcestershire.
- Loew to stay on as Germany coach
- Drugmaker GSK slashes annual profits forecast
- Boeing boosts 2014 profit forecast after solid quarter
- Boeing posts strong second quarter profit, raises outlook
- Spain shows best growth for six years: central bank
- Heatstroke kills three in Japan, thousands hospitalised
- Peaches Geldof death 'drug-related'
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- Ukraine rebels 'shoot down two fighter jets'
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- First MH17 bodies arrive in Netherlands as nation mourns
- First bodies from downed flight MH17 land in Netherlands
- Dutch await first MH17 bodies as nation mourns
- Pro-Russian militant admits to shooting down of flight MH17, reports Italian daily
- Planes carrying MH17 bodies head to Netherlands
- Full inspection for KL soup kitchens, no word on their ban
- US shows evidence of Russian support for Ukraine rebels, says report
- We will recover all victims’; remains from MH17 crash site, says Dutch investigator
- MAS ground crew recalls happy voyagers boarding MH17 flight in Amsterdam
- Body parts of MH17 victims a ‘giant jigsaw puzzle’ for DNA experts
- MH17 airline crew recalls happy voyagers boarding flight
- Bodies of MH17 crash victims flown to Netherlands
- No other deal with Ukraine separatists for MH17, says Muhyiddin
- Pro-Russian separatists accidentally shot down MH17, reports The Guardian
- MH17 black boxes delivered to British investigators