New Zealand all-rounder McCullum joins Glamorgan
New Zealand's Nathan McCullum bowls against South Africa in Auckland on March 3, 2012. The all-rounder is to play for Glamorgan in this year's English domestic Twenty20 competition.
The 32-year-old off-spinner is currently playing for New Zealand in the Champions Trophy -- and was included in the Black Caps side due to play England in a Group A match at Welsh county Glamorgan's Cardiff headquarters on Sunday.
"I'm looking forward to joining up with the Glamorgan squad at the end of this month," McCullum, man-of-the-match in New Zealand's win over Sri Lanka in Cardiff last weekend, said in a statement issued by the county.
"I've spent a bit of time in Cardiff over the past few weeks and have enjoyed playing at the SWALEC Stadium.
"Spin bowling plays an important role in T20 cricket."
McCullum is the older brother of New Zealand captain Brendon, who himself had a spell with Glamorgan in 2006 and scored the county's fastest fifty in T20 cricket, from just 18 balls, against Worcestershire.
- Valverde wins second Fleche Wallonne Classic
- Palestinians pledge unity as Israel talks teeter
- Palestinians to 'form unity govt in weeks'
- Boeing lifts profit outlook as jetliner demand booms
- Sacked Moyes 'proud' of Man Utd tenure
- Turkish PM offers first condolences for Armenian massacre
- Turkish PM Erdogan says WWI massacre of Armenians 'shared pain'
- Turkish PM offers condolences over mass WWI killings of Armenians
- UN aid chiefs appeal for Syria access
- Mourners flock to funeral of Myanmar pro-democracy hero
- Bible banned from Pahang hotel rooms – Bernama
- Take second job to tackle household debt, urges AKPK – Bernama
- Philippines arrests extremist in Malaysia resort kidnapping
- Australia says cost not a concern in MH370 search
- Absolute power corrupts absolutely, Dr Mahathir reminds current leaders
- Cabinet approves international probe team for MH370
- MH370 search team analysing unidentified material washed ashore in Western Australia
- Karpal memorial service non-political event, says DAP inviting Najib, Muhyiddin
- 'Unidentified material' under investigation for MH370 link
- We have no jurisdiction over private hospital charges, says health minister – Bernama
- Kelantan yet to decide on special sitting to discuss Hudud law – Bernama
- Material washed ashore near Western Australia town possible MH370 debris, says paper
- Pirates kidnap three on Singapore tanker off Malaysia
- What do I tell my sons?
- Extremists have no place in Malaysian society, says Khairy – Bernama