India says 5,748 missing in floods now presumed dead
Portraits of people missing after devastating floods hit the northern state of Uttarakhand are pasted on the gates of the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, on June 26, 2013. Almost 6,000 people listed as missing after flash floods struck northern India last month are now presumed dead, officials said.
"5,748 people are listed as missing, and the process of compensation to their families will begin tomorrow on the assumption they are dead," the chief minister of the worst-hit state of Uttarakhand told a press conference.
- Deadline looms for buyers of struggling Cyprus Airways
- Apple says celebs hacked in 'targeted attack'
- Apple: celebs hacked in 'targeted attack', no iCloud breach
- Apple: no breach in 'targeted' hack on celebrities
- IMF warns Ukraine may need extra $19 bn in help
- IMF warns West may need to boost $17 bn Ukraine rescue
- Islamic State claims to behead second US reporter
- Islamic State claims to behead second US reporter: video
- 'Islamic State' claims beheading of second US reporter: video
- French finance minister hints at cut in 2015 savings target
- With academic’;s case, Najib’;s sedition dragnet now an outrageous farce, says Anwar
- English to be made compulsory pass at public universities – Bernama
- Has Putrajaya gone bonkers, asks the DAP
- Maxis Communications, Anandakrishnan deny allegations in India
- DAP claim Umno ‘manufacturing cases’; against opposition, academic
- Dr Mahathir praises Malaysian trade union movement – Bernama
- Claiming comments taken out of context, Zahid says only DAP arrogant
- Sedition law used to create fear, silence thought, say lawyers
- Move forward with unity and prove Zahid wrong, says head of moderates movement
- EPF reports 13.5% growth in investment income to RM10.4 billion